The New York State Society of Orthodontists (NYSSO) is a Component of the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists (NESO), which is one of eight Constituents of the American Association of Orthodontists.
NYSSO is a not-for-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of New York with the following Objectives:
- To advance the art, research, and science of Orthodontics
- To contribute its part in health services to the public
- To represent the specialty of Orthodontics in the State of New York
- To promote friendship and understanding between its members
- To maintain a cooperative relationship with DSNY
Membership of the Component shall be available to all members in good standing of the American Association of Orthodontists and NESO who practice or reside in New York State.
The governing body of NYSSO is composed of the Executive Board, including the following members:
President: Yanique LeCadre
Vice-President: Joana Forsea
Secretary: Ken Cooperman
Treasurer: Yon Lai
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
REPRESENTATION FROM EACH DISTRICT OF THE NY STATE DENTAL SOCIETY